The Establishment Division is the core of the Registry and is basically concerned with Human Resource Management. Statutorily, this Division is saddled with the responsibility of recruitment/appointment of personnel, promotion of staff, welfare and capacity building, processing of leave, processing of retirement/exit and disciplining of erring staff. It also ensures proper establishment of job description for staff members. It has the following units:
- Academic Staff Establishment
- Senior Non-Academic Staff Establishment
- Junior Staff Establishment
- Pension Unit
Staff in the Establishment Division
The Establishment Division of the Registry Department has a total of five (5) staff as indicated below:
- Hajiya Fadimatu Ismaila Head of Establishment
- Buhari Dahiru Liman Executive Officer
- Bilkisu Usman Executive Officer
- Sabastine Anthony Executive Officer
- Aishatu Khalil Executive Officer
Duties/Functions of Establishment
The Establishment Division is primarily concerned with the following functions in the Registry Department:
- Collation and processing of staff annual appraisal and promotion
- Collation and processing of request for conversion, proper placement and upgrading
- Collation and processing of complaints arising from annual appraisals and promotion exercise
- Preparing staff leave roaster and processing requests from staff for annual, casual, maternity, sick and other forms of leave
- Processing of confirmation of staff appointments
- Postings and transfers of staff to Departments and units
- Monitoring of staff attendance and punctuality to work
- Preparing and uploading staff statistics
- Standing-in for the Registrar as Secretary at Management’s Committee meetings
- Overseeing the Pension unit to ensure processing of staff pensions and other retirements benefits
- And performing any other duties to be assigned by the Registrar.
The pension Unit is an autonomous new Unit under a Desk Officer stationed in the Establishment Unit. The Unit is to take charge of Staff Retirement benefits including the Pension, Gratuity for staff leaving the service of the University and other welfare scheme.
The scheme has not taken-off in the University, but proposal has been submitted to the office of the Vice-Chancellor for onward transmission to the Management Council.
The Desk-officer is Mr. Maiyaki Habibu.